Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts


I can't believe how fast I can turn out a quilt. Unlike knitting, where it can takes months, and in some cases, years to complete a project. Saturday I bought a few fat quarters to begin a lap quilt for my dad.I have something in mind for him that I think he will like. You never know with him, he might totally not appreciate a lap quilt.You'll want to stay tuned for that reaction! The Moda quilt is in for quilting this week, so rest assured I will post pictures when I get it back. I'm kind of excited to see how it turns out.I have several birthdays coming up, so guess what everyone is getting? At this rate I could potentially make every family member a quilt for next Christmas! In between quilting, I'm working on a shirt project using a Sewaholic pattern. This will be the first time I've sewn any of her garments. Glancing at the pattern, it looks like any other sewing pattern, but for whatever reason, she gets rave reviews. I'm making a practice shirt before I cut into my Liberty of London fabric. I've never made a practice piece before this etiher, but for what LOL cost, I better make darn sure I know what I'm doing before I start cutting. Dennis has been making steady progress on the dump, here are a few pictures of the completed bathroom. I think floor sanding is next on the agenda.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A couple of sewing conversations, and now you're churning out gorgeousness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! If you saw the work up close, I don't think you would consider it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete